[M3devel] Still can't bootstrap cm3

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 12 05:04:44 CET 2008

Try starting from a recent snapshot, not necessarily a recent release, and running upgrade.sh or upgrade.py.

ROOT should be set in the config file, or as you showed, on the command line.
upgrade.sh/upgrade.py will figure it out and set it on the command line.
I'd kind of like the compiler to set it itself, but that is kind of inappropriate.

It's definitely possible that starting from too old of a release won't work.

Avoid any script with "boot" in the name.
Those are I believe for bringing up new targets and esp. cross building, not for
updating mature working systems that can build natively.
The dash in LINUXLIBC6-LINUXLIBC6 confirms it.
The dash appears when the host and target are different.
The first platform is the host, the second is the target.