[M3devel] ARM Darwin

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 1 01:24:14 CEST 2008

Get me a machine and I'll work on it. :)
I'll get one before long but I'm bogged down with existing x86, AMD64, PPC, PPC64 (AIX), Mips (Irix) hardware not yet being used for all its meant..

I suspect Apple hasn't pushed their changes up, so be sure to poke around their gcc source.

> Apple are building their own ARM GCC and use that to configure the
> back end. Then the runtime issues which I imagine might be with the GC

gcc -v ?

> and threading. I'm not sure there will be any native treading and I'm
> sure VM will look very different.

I assume it'll look like most any Posix or *_DARWIN or 32bit thereof system.
I assume it has pthreads.

 - Jay