[M3devel] SPARC64_SOLARIS?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 8 10:37:05 CEST 2008

short version:

  Basically all non-Linux, non-BSD systems have multiple toolsets -- native and GNU.

  There is SOLgnu and SOLsun.
  There is how "NT386" encompasses multiple configurations.

  What should I do for SPARC64_SOLARIS?

medium version:
 One of the nagging problems around is that of 64bit hosted m3cg consistently not working.
 While I have AMD64_LINUX and AMD64_OPENBSD setups, and I have an AMD64 Sun machine for
  AMD64_SOLARIS, the most convenient for me currently is probably "SPARC64_SOLARIS",
  for dumb reasons. "MIP64_IRIX6" might also be convenient soon, though I think
  Irix multiplies this problem out to multiple ABIs, I have to look into it.

Also, if everyone could stand it, unlikely, I'd like to have a grand platform renaming of the form processor_os:
 I386_LINUX (X86?)
 I386_NT (WINNT?)
 I386_CYGWIN
 I386_MINGWIN
 I386_SOLARIS
 I386_DARWIN
 I386_NETBSD
 I386_FREEBSD
 I386_OPENBSD
 AMD64_LINUX
 AMD64_NT
 AMD64_CYGWIN
 AMD64_MINGWIN
 AMD64_SOLARIS
 AMD64_DARWIN
 MIPS_IRIX (MIPS4000 or somesuch?)
 MIPS64_IRIX
 ALPHA_OSF
 SPARC_SOLARIS (SPARC32?)
 SPARC64_SOLARIS
 SPARC_LINUX (SPARC32?)
 SPARC64_LINUX
 ARM_CE (WINCE?)

etc. but probably not..

and at the same answer this question of GNU vs. native toolsets.

or maybe adopt the GNU configure platform names??????