[M3devel] Pretty-printing REFANYs?

Mika Nystrom mika at async.caltech.edu
Sun Sep 28 06:45:52 CEST 2008

Hello Modula-3 people,

I am working on a writing an interpreter that I'd like to embed in
various Modula-3 programs.  It so happens that this interpreter
might from time to time be manipulating arbitrary M3 REFs, and just
from the point of view of providing information to a human user,
it might be nice to be able to pretty-print these.  Does anyone
have any code that accomplishes this, at least partly?  I'm thinking
that since m3gdb can do it, the information must all be in the
binary---somehow.  (Even enumeration names, right?)  And since the
pickler can pickle things... hmm.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance that's out there...

    Best regards,
       Mika Nystrom