[M3devel] AMD-64 binaries?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 30 10:36:33 CEST 2008

I'm getting back to this now.
I didn't realize it till this weekend, but that archive is "relatively incompatible".
In particular it has 32bit hosted tools, and won't run on Debian 4.0r4 / AMD64.
Something about glibc 2.4, when all I see on my system is 2.3.
I'll see what I can do.
Probably just rebuild cm3cg.
I think it was built on Fedora, but could have been Ubuntu or OpenSuse.
Probably just that Debian stable lags the others.

The main problem to debug is why 64bit hosted tools "never" work.
(Right?)

Stay tuned for a bunch more ports "soon", I've got a bunch more hardware,
that runs Linux and others (Solaris, AIX, Irix).. :)

I'll be able to debug the high dpi gui problems on a friend's laptop soon too.
Send me a repro. I expect it is trivial -- like anything with a scrollbar.
I can try formsedit, etc.

 - Jay