[M3devel] ARM Darwin

Darko darko at darko.org
Tue Sep 30 14:59:39 CEST 2008

Thanks, it should be a bit easier than the normal process since the
compiler doesn't have to be fully bootstrapped, I just have to get a
cross working. I know the first thing is to get the machine
configuration correct, which I'll start when I get my hands on one of
the machines in a couple of days. The other thing is to work out how
Apple are building their own ARM GCC and use that to configure the
back end. Then the runtime issues which I imagine might be with the GC
and threading. I'm not sure there will be any native treading and I'm
sure VM will look very different.