[M3devel] CM3 Release

Martin Bishop martinbishop at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 9 22:28:58 CEST 2009

A few days ago there was more talk of a proper "release" for CM3.  I
think this is very important.

Even if this proper release is just full binary versions, I think it
would make a big difference.  These could then be used to make .deb
packages for Debian/Ubuntu, and hopefully other Linux/BSD distributions.

Does the Windows version come with an installer? If not, I think it should.

Also, along with easy to install releases, I think a good book/tutorial
should be available online for Modula-3.  We already know Nelson's book
is caught up with copyright stuff, but I wonder if the same is true for
Harbison's book?

If neither can be released online, perhaps we should try to improve the
existing tutorial? (http://www.opencm3.net/doc/tutorial/m3/m3_toc.html)

A lot of people right off Modula-3 as being dead because they don't even
know that a good, free implementation like CM3 exists.  I think the
above ideas would help.