[M3devel] readdir/malloc

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Apr 12 05:00:39 CEST 2009

cvsup source says:

(*****************************************************************************)
(* FIXME - The following procedures work around a bug in SRC Modula-3 thru
   version 3.6, at least.  The FS.Iterator operations call the Unix
   opendir, readdir, and closedir functions, which in turn usually call
   malloc.  This is done without any mutual exclusion, and malloc is normally
   not thread-safe.  I have observed memory corruption and have traced it
   to this cause.  As a work-around, these wrappers disable thread switching
   while the offending functions are executing. *)

This is already fixed wrt opendir/closedir in cm3.
But readdir?
True?
I guess I'll be pessimistic and assume it is true.