[M3devel] m3 CVS?

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sat Apr 11 16:27:02 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:41:42PM +0000, Jay wrote:

> Also, presumably you can copy the entire CVS repository with little CPU use and then do the monotone work locally. I doubt it is all that large, can tell you later.. (ssh in and du /usr/cvs)
>

>  - Jay

OK.  What's the recommended way of copying the CVS repository?
Downloading a .tgz file?  Or figuring out how to get cvsup up first?
(the more tools I have to build before I can test feasibility, the less
likely I am to get there.  cvsup doesn't seem to be available in
Debian; perhaps that's because Modula 3 isn't either)

I seem to have two ways to try to build the monotone repository.

(1) use monotone's rcs_imnport command

(2) use the cvs_sync branch, generate a new monotone from that branch,
and see what it does.

I'd have to try both so see what's feasible.  Each seems to have
limitations.

rcs_import seems to want to have access to the cvs files instead of
network access to CVS.

-- hendrik