[M3devel] quick question for the Modula-3 ether... LONGFLOAT??

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 13 00:01:35 CEST 2009

1) I'm sure it is a natural term to all the other programmers, easy mistake to make.

2) There in fact this natural need to come up with alternate names.

You know, if you read the compiler and runtime source, you see things called Type and/or Tipe, not just Type, because Type (or at least TYPE) is already a reserved word if you write "metacode" dealing with types, you can't use that name.

In that vein there are some public m3core modules for dealing with floats/reals/whatever and they might use names like this.

 - Jay