[M3devel] Text processing

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 28 18:30:11 CEST 2009

Are the nulls included in the length?

If so, that'd be a likely bug. If not, it'd be a /possible/ feature. Seriously.
I deal with "lengthed" strings a lot, but my "duplicate" and "concat" functions add them, and don't put them in the length, for interop with all the other code out there..
But it is a little sleazy my pattern and we do have explicit functions for C interop.

> [...]
>>This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to
>>consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to
>>properly handle MIME multipart messages.
>>
>>--=__Part6C44DF9F.0__=
>>
>>There is a bug in CM3IDE that may be the result of this problem. I'll =
>>need to get your fix and try it.
>>--Randy

>>Speaking of text processing, I was very surprised at the bug I found
>>in Wx the other day (and checked in a fix for). I'm 99% certain my
>>fix is correct, but I'm very surprised no one found this bug before.
>>
>>Wx was inserting spurious nulls at the end of every generated TEXT.
>>
>>Is it possible someone is using this interface and depending on the
>>buggy behavior? m3ide and m3browser import it.
>>
>> Mika
>>

>>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are intended =
>>solely for the use of the named recipient(s). This e-mail may contain =
>>confidential and/or proprietary information of Scientific Research =
>>Corporation. If you are not a named recipient, you are prohibited from =
>>making any use of the information in the email and attachments. If you =
>>believe you have received this email in error, please notify the sender =
>>immediately and permanently delete the email, any attachments, and all =
>>copies thereof from any drives or storage media and destroy any printouts =
>>of the email or attachments.
>>
>>EXPORT COMPLIANCE NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain =
>>technical data subject to U.S export restrictions under the International =
>>Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations=
>> (EAR). Export or transfer of this technical data and/or related =
>>information to any foreign person(s) or entity(ies), either within the =
>>U.S. or outside of the U.S., may require export authorization by the =
>>appropriate U.S. Government agency prior to export or transfer. In =
>>addition, technical data may not be exported or transferred to certain =
>>countries or specified designated nationals identified by U.S. embargo =
>>controls without prior export authorization. By accepting this email and =
>>any attachments, all recipients confirm that they understand and will =
>>comply with all applicable ITAR, EAR and embargo compliance requirements.
>>

>>--=__Part6C44DF9F.0__=

There is a bug in CM3IDE that may be the result of this problem. =
>> I'll need to get your fix and try it.

--Randy

>>> Mika Nystrom =
>>; 4/28/2009 11:36 AM>>>

Speaking of text processing, I =
>>was very surprised at the bug I found
in Wx the other day (and checked =
>>in a fix for).  I'm 99% certain my
fix is correct, but I'm very =
>>surprised no one found this bug before.

Wx was inserting spurious =
>>nulls at the end of every generated TEXT.

Is it possible someone is =
>>using this interface and depending on the

     Mika

=