[M3devel] assembly goes to C compiler?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 3 09:41:26 CEST 2009

Does this surprising anyone else:

PROCEDURE CompileS (s: State;  u: M3Unit.T) =
    ELSIF (u.kind = UK.S) THEN
      RunCC (s, UnitPath (u), u.object, u.debug, u.optimize);

I kept modifying SYSTEM_ASM thinking it would affect how RTMachineASM.s is assembled,
but it doesn't. I actually was thinking it might be nice to have two assembly functions,
one for the output of m3cg, one for user written code. So, we do in fact have
two functions, but one is the function for compiling C!. I'd want a third function, ideally.

I'll leave this alone and just special case RTMachineASM.s in the config file, if that works out.

That is, I'll try a very targeted slighly inelegant change, goal being
to assemble this particular file with /usr/ccs/bin/as instead of the C compiler,
on SOLgnu only.