[M3devel] More MxConfig

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Mon Aug 3 10:08:55 CEST 2009

This MxConfig thing looks like a bloody mess.

To access former M3Config data I must have cm3.cfg suite present (to
date I only had it in -devel packages, but ok...)

Except cm3.cfg - ok, it's only set of text files, I must have sysutils,
m3middle and m3quake....  A chunk of compiler.

All this to read three or five variables from system.

Also, this:

VAR
  PKG_INSTALL := MxConfig.Get("PKG_INSTALL");
  BUILD_DIR := MxConfig.Get("BUILD_DIR");

PROCEDURE DoImportBase() =
  BEGIN
    EVAL DoImportFile(PKG_INSTALL & "/libm3/"     & BUILD_DIR &
"/.M3WEB", TRUE);

Fails on Concat in DoImportFile line - both variables NIL.

Do I have some more voodoo to do to initialize MxConfig subsystem?

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>