[M3devel] cm3.cfg et all, loc

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Mon Aug 3 16:42:21 CEST 2009

Excuse me for being a Martian here, esp on this topic, but I must agree,
and loudly, with few voices on cm3.cfg location.

In non-Windows world, /etc/ is natural place for anything config. Would
it, or would it not be editable is another concern, mostly not important
- if it's so absolutely uneditable then let it be m3bundled.

It's up to packager to decide, of course... But I think everything will
be much easier (esp this path() bussiness) if we decide to put these
files somewhere standard. In Linux case, /etc. And included files
in /etc/cm3/.

MxConfig will have less problems to work as advertised, if nothing
else :).
--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>