[M3devel] caltech-parser NT386 Hudson problems

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 26 09:02:56 CEST 2009

I think the caltech-parser on NT386 problems are related to line endings.
I'm not sure.
I see it outputing carriage returns and backslash line continuations --
though Modula-3 has no such line continuations.
I haven't been able to find the code in caltech-parser that does that.

http://www.modula3.com:8080/computer/elego-win-vm/configure

I removed the CYGWIN variable, that previously was nobinmode.
The tasks also fiddle around with the mount command.
I think all the -o options should be removed.
 I've left it alone for now.

We should try to make it work either way, perhaps.

I'm not super keen on changing my local setting, nor debugging
it remotely -- it is slow. If pushed I'll try changing my local setting.

I set:

C:\>set cyg
CYGWIN=server

but that's probably not needed.

and:
C:\>mount
c:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
c:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
c:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c:\obj on /obj type system (binmode)
c:\src on /src type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)

The caltech-parser/parerlib/parerlib/test directory works for me.
I get newlines only in the output.

Given that the caltech-parser binaries aren't cygwin binaries, I'm
actually not sure how any of this could matter.

Could be cvs though. Yes, that is a big possibility.
For example I only got klex to output files by first running dos2unix on some
files, which shouldn't do anything.

caltech-parser should imho accept \r and \r\n as line delimiters.
I'm not sure if empty lines are significant to it.
If not, this is easy.
If so, it appears not. It appears to split lines on single characters.