[M3devel] proposal for next release: moving some config file content into cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 11 07:34:28 CEST 2009

 > cm3 should perhaps even move to an archictecture-specific directory.
  >  /cm3/bin/I386_LINUX/cm3

One thing I forgot about here is where to install the likes of:

jbook2:m3cc jay$ ls -1 */cm3cg
I386_DARWIN-AMD64_FREEBSD/cm3cg
I386_DARWIN-AMD64_LINUX/cm3cg
I386_DARWIN-AMD64_NETBSD/cm3cg
I386_DARWIN-AMD64_OPENBSD/cm3cg
I386_DARWIN-FreeBSD4/cm3cg
I386_DARWIN-I386_INTERIX/cm3cg
I386_DARWIN-I386_OPENBSD/cm3cg

Probably
/cm3/bin/AMD64_FREEBSD/cm3cg

This doesn't necessarily imply "solving" "where to put host specific files".
These are target-specific.

Eventually it might be nice provide cross compiler packages,
for folks that have cross gcc/ld.

I just have the config file probe around in the uninstalled tree for backends.

If anyone could tackle writing a linker/loader for some systems, I'd be
willing to reconsider all the extra C code, for some systems.