[M3devel] examples should not be in PkgInfo.txt

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Fri Aug 14 18:18:38 CEST 2009

Quoting Randy Coleburn <rcoleburn at scires.com>:

> I see that someone has put some of the examples folder packages into
>  PkgInfo.txt std group.
>
> None of these packages in the "examples" folder should go into PkgInfo.txt.
>
> Reason is that these are examples meant to be built using CM3IDE.
> CM3IDE will create a package folder in the user's private repository
>  for the example and build it there locally.  We don't want to build
>  and ship these as part of the std distribution.  Only the sources
> are needed.  The "examples" folder and its contents need to be
> copied to the root of your cm3 installation.  That's all.

I put them there, because they were not packed into the installation
archives. They can also not be build with the usual tooling at all.

What's the problem with them being included in the package list?

If they are only useful for cm3ide, they should probably be part of
that package (i.e. moved from cm3/examples to cm3/m3-sys/cm3ide/examples).

Olaf