[M3devel] Wrong shipping needs investigation, was: Re: m3gdb build errors

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Wed Aug 19 08:47:12 CEST 2009

Quoting jay.krell at cornell.edu:

> I agree that would be wrong. The no-resolution changes? (case
> sensitivity is too subtle I think but I've known about it)

I thought so, too. but it is at least not obvious.
The implementation of program and Program looks innocent enough,
and the diffs to 2009-07-15 don't bring up anything related.
At least in m3-sys/cm3. Perhaps it's a side-effect of another
package? But how could this be?

Can anybody investigate this further? If we don't fix it soon, RC3
won't be ready at the weekend, as building packages for all platforms
takes rather long.

We also need to add some tests for the correct contents of shipping
files to m3-sys/m3tests. Any volunteers there?

Olaf

PS: I'm off to work now and not home again until tomorrow evening.
Connectivity will be infrequent and slow.
PPS: I've opened ticket #1060 for this.