[M3devel] A question about the M3 licensing...

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 21 11:32:31 CEST 2009

 > Of course you can write another compiler front-end under the FSF

It's surprising how similar Ada looks to Modula-3..

I've looked into llvm but haven't really got my head around it and/or the cm3 intermediate representation. If I could get my head around the latter I'd really like to try to translate that into C, for better and worse.

Gcc relatively recently grew a plugin interface.

That might be useful to us. Might -- you know, like, we'd say gcc -plugin-something-somesuch *.mc and gcc would load cm3cg.so or somesuch. Potentially m3-sys/m3cc would drop in size dramatically.

 - Jay