[M3devel] platform names again.

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 25 03:08:31 CEST 2009

Yes BUILD_DIR apparently is meant to be overridable/changable.
I'm not sure if all the various tools that kinda sorta know what is going on will play along.
When I pointed out that TARGET does not necessarily equal BUILD_DIR, Randy said that would break cm3ide.
Yet it was apparently always theoretically true, for profiled builds.
  Not that I have done a profiled build.
And it is always true in practise.
  Since I never do a profiled build and probably nobody else does either.
But you can try varying it.

Try this:

in config file, change
BUILD_DIR = whatever
if !defined("BUILD_DIR)" around
BUILD_DIR = whatever
end

and then on the cm3 command line, try cm3 -DBUILD_DIR=foo

scripts -realclean will tend to not play along here.