[M3devel] CM3 on windows

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Fri Aug 28 11:21:41 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 05:03:58AM +0000, Jay K wrote:

> Yes NT386GNU uses X.
> Olaf expressed an interest in that.
> Apparently the Windows port of Trestle has never been completed.
>  (I suspect we should punt Trestle and bind to Qt, but that is another
> matter.)

I've been wondering about that point with one of my applications -- Does
Trestle have access to the underlying OS's fonts, or does it provide its
own.  I'm specifically thinking of the huge Unicode fonts, and suspect
that Trestle doesn't has neither its own nor access to the OS's, on
either Unix or WIndows.

I happened to be wondering about gtk instead of qt, but that's a detail.
Are there reasons I should be aware of for preferring one to the other?
Portability or other?

-- hendrik