[M3devel] head vs. release threads?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 22 18:02:23 CET 2009

Tony can you look at head vs. release m3core/threads and such and decide if you want all of head in release?

The changes I know about are

  - handling low resources in pthread, the can of worms I keep prying on :)

  - something in user threads, I didn't read enough to understand

  - other stuff in user threads -- sigaltstack for openbsd

I'll get Win32 -- eliminating an extra acquire/release in the InnerWait loop.

Beyond that the things to consider are

  - assertions and dependency on time_t definition and such

  - keying off of processor or "os" (linux,openbsd, etc.) instead of full platform (amd64_linux, i386_openbsd, etc.)

  - Uconstants.c is in different order and impossible to read diff; I need to sort it or something

Just copying all of head m3core to release is probably fine though I try to be a little arbitrarily

slow/methodical as a substitute for being conservative, sometimes, something illogical like that.