[M3devel] AlertPause(0) is alertable?

Randy Coleburn rcoleburn at scires.com
Sun Dec 13 05:56:08 CET 2009

My understanding of the interface has always been as you suggest, namely, yes you should get an "Alerted" exception if the thread is marked alerted regardless of the value of the n (seconds) parameter.

Regards,
Randy

>>> Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu> 12/12/2009 7:37 PM >>>
If I call AlertPause with <= 0 time, should I recieve alerts?
Current pthread/win32 implementations: no.
 They say if time <= then return end before doing much.
My suspicion: yes.

Thread.i3:

PROCEDURE AlertPause(n: LONGREAL) RAISES {Alerted};
(* Like "Pause", but if the thread is marked alerted at the time of
   the call or sometime during the wait, raise "Alerted". *)