[M3devel] Oops, forgot to ask

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 17 01:52:06 CET 2009

"0..LAST(LONGINT)" having varying meaning...like when INTEGER is > 64 bits, then LONGINT=INTEGER, and we anticipate 128 bit INTEGER?

See..LONGINT is only useful in this brief period where we still have 32bit INTEGER.

(Actually it would have been useful long ago.)

I really think "long" is a dumb name..

There should be INT8, UINT8, INT16, UINT16, INT32, UINT32, INT64, UINT64, and unsigned and signed integers the same size of a pointer, possibly called INT and UINT, or size_t and ptrdiff_t..

 - Jay