[M3devel] [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 2 01:13:04 CET 2009

> Tony
>
> Are they correct w.r. to signals and floating point state?
>
>> Jay Eh, I guess that begs for the answer, they belong in
>> unix/common/x86?
>
> Yeah, that's where I thought they might go.
>
> Why do we care about older Darwin versions? The support on Darwin has
> become much more stable since I first did the port to 10.3, as the

> Floating point state and signal mask

Not sure.

NetBSD getcontext:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/arch/i386/sys/getcontext.S?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

doesn't do anything here...oh..but that clearly isn't the entire implementation..
I'll have to dig around.

I will have to write a test case with a bunch of threads and floating point and signal
mask changes..and compare to setjmp/longjmp..

You really think 10.5 is so much better than previous?
As a user I never noticed much change since 10.2.
Anyone else here using prior to 10.5 or care to support them?
(I suspect nobody is using any Darwin version but...)
But again, IF their get/make/swap/setcontext in 10.5 is all usermode, and
presumably BSD-licensed, we can just copy it into m3core.
(I suspect the bit I haven't found in NetBSD is in the kernel.
Should only take a few minutes to find, but I have to run..)

I'll move to unix/src/common/x86 as we both thought of, if it works.
Or maybe just work on a system that provides *context.