[M3devel] ThreadPThread (PTHREAD)

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Mon Jan 12 01:12:36 CET 2009

Jay, can you give me a sense of what the purpose of your recent
changes to the pthread-based threading code are intended to achieve?
I haven't been able to follow too closely all the changes you are
making, and I would like some sort of high-level rationale to help me
understand.  Also, if sysutils has thread-dependent stuff in it then I
suggest sysutils should be rewritten to call the thread code rather
than re-implement.  m3core is a library that is always linked, so
sysutils could easily depend on it.  What's the problem?