[M3devel] I386_OPENBSD uploaded-archives

Stefan Sperling stsp at elego.de
Sat Jan 3 17:20:50 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 03:30:38PM +0000, Jay wrote:

>    Both the "min" and "std" archives should have cm3cg.

I'm not using either of those. Your initial description of ho
to build this mentioned those as alternatives, but it didn't
sound like they were required. Maybe I didn't read carefully
enough?

I am using just these steps, as you outlined:

   fetch http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-boot-I386_OPENBSD-1.tar.gz
   extract it (tar zxf ...)
   cd into it (cd ...)
   add -lm and -lpthread to the link line
   make
   mkdir -p /usr/local/cm3/bin
   mv cm3 /usr/local/cm3/bin
   export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/cm3/bin
   export CM3_ROOT=/usr/src/cm3 or whatever
   export CVSROOT=:ext:stefan at m3.elegosoft.com:/usr/cvs
   cvs -z3 checkout cm3
   cd /usr/src/scripts/python
   ./do-cm3-front.py buildship

The very last step results in the error.
The other steps succeed.

>    Wherever you extracted the archive,

Which archive?

>    did you put its bin directory in  $PATH?

Following the steps above, I now have this:

$ find /usr/local/cm3
/usr/local/cm3
/usr/local/cm3/bin
/usr/local/cm3/bin/cm3
$ /usr/local/cm3/bin/cm3 -help

Fatal Error: unable to locate configuration file, "cm3.cfg"

$

Prior to running do-cm3-front.py, I run:
	export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/cm3/bin

>    ie: are you running cm3 by full path or via $PATH?

No idea. Whatever ./doc-m3-front.py buildship does, I guess.

Stefan