[M3devel] WDROOT private repository not working?

Peter Eiserloh eiserlohpp at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 19:00:19 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

Seeing all the attention placed on creating relative
linking, and so forth, I decided to examine the behavior
of CM3, when building for a private root.

So, I set WDROOT to ${HOME}/m3work in my m3makefile.

---- BEGIN m3makefile ----
%# Time-Space-Position Information (TSPI) library

HOME = "/home/peter"
WDROOT = HOME & "/m3work"

include_dir("xform")
% include_dir("smoothing")
% include_dir("editing")
% include_dir("geoid")
% include_dir("testing")
---- EMD m3makefile ----

Then I, attempted to build and ship from there.

It said, there was an error

---- BEGIN ERROR MSG ----
peter at black:/data/modula-3/peters-stuff/tspi/src $ cm3 -ship
--- shipping from ../AMD64_LINUX ---

"/data/modula-3/peters-stuff/tspi/AMD64_LINUX/.M3SHIP", line 1: quake runtime error: unable to create directory "/usr/lib/cm3/pkg/tspi": errno=13

--procedure--  -line-  -file---
make_dir           --  <builtin>
                    1  /data/modula-3/peters-stuff/tspi/AMD64_LINUX/.M3SHIP

---- END ERROR MSG ----

Was support for WDROOT removed?   Can CM3 support the ability to
have a private repository, while also having the public repo?

| Peter P. Eiserloh                                      |