[M3devel] M3Config contains paths to installation directory.

Peter Eiserloh eiserlohpp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 03:19:49 CEST 2009

Hi Jay,

Do you know of any way to tell the build system that the
final installation directory is located in one place, but
that the software is to actually be shipped (temporarily)
to a staging directory.

Specifically, libm3/src/config contains a m3makefile that
derives the M3Config interface, containing a number of
paths to the installation root directory.

This is the normal situation for most people, but I am
installing to a temporary directory, for packaging purposes.
The packaging software later installs the package into
the correct location.

Whenever I build the system, M3Config always contains
the paths to my staging area.

I would like some way of specifying to the build system
that the final (or real) installation root is one thing,
but "ship" would actually install into a different one.

| Peter P. Eiserloh                                      |