[M3devel] Release notes comments

Rodney M. Bates rodney.m.bates at cox.net
Thu Jul 16 02:30:14 CEST 2009

A couple of comments on the release notes for 5.8.2:

     <li>System pthread threading is now the default on all
      platforms. The original (fast) M3 user level thread code is
      still there and can be used if necessary (on most platforms). On
      many systems, this allows M3 applications to scale over all
      available hardware processors.</li>

This sounds like it is the original user level threads that allow
scaling over multiple processors, which I believe is backwards.
I suggest swapping the second and third sentences be for clarity.

      <li>New data type LONGINT (64 bit integer) on all target
      platforms except Windows (still in the queue).</li>

As I understand it, LONGINT is in Windows too, it just isn't 64
bits yet.