[M3devel] package groups question

Randy Coleburn rcoleburn at scires.com
Thu Jul 30 01:36:45 CEST 2009

In reviewing PkgInfo.txt, I find that the "min" group has the following 3 members:
m3-win\import-libs
m3-libs\m3core
m3-libs\libm3

Are these really all that is needed to build the "minimal" binary distribution?

I also ran across group "front" whose members are:
m3-win\import-libs
m3-sys\m3cc
m3-libs\m3core
m3-libs\libm3
m3-libs\sysutils
m3-sys\m3middle
m3-sys\m3objfile
m3-sys\m3linker
m3-sys\m3back
m3-sys\m3front
m3-sys\m3quake
m3-sys\cm3
m3-sys\mklib

What is the purpose of this group?

Just in case anyone is interested, my "do-cm3.cmd" script has the capability to enumerate the package groupings.  Here is what I find:

C:\cm3\Sandbox\scripts\win>do-cm3 showtags all
====== ---------------------------------
do-cm3, v1.07, 7/29/2009, Randy Coleburn
====== ---------------------------------
CM3 ARGS = showtags
 PkgInfo = C:\cm3\Sandbox\scripts\pkginfo.txt
Pkg Tree = C:\cm3\Sandbox\
   Group = all
Enumerating group tags in  "C:\cm3\Sandbox\scripts\pkginfo.txt" ...
... one moment please ...
Group Tags:
----------
base
core
front
min
std
gui
comm
caltech-parser
m3gnudevtool
devlib
tool
m3gdb
math
m3devtool
obliq
webdev
database
anim
cvsup
juno
demo
game
---END-of-LIST---
Enumerating group "all" ... one moment please ...
Packages in Group="base":
import-libs
m3core
libm3
m3middle
m3quake
m3scanner
m3tools
m3bundle
mklib
bitvector
digraph
parseparams
realgeometry
set
slisp
sortedtableextras
table-list
tempfiles
tcp
tapi
serial
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="core":
import-libs
m3cc
m3core
libm3
patternmatching
sysutils
unittest
m3middle
m3objfile
m3linker
m3back
m3front
m3quake
cm3
m3scanner
m3tools
m3bundle
mklib
bitvector
digraph
parseparams
realgeometry
set
slisp
sortedtableextras
table-list
tempfiles
tcp
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="front":
import-libs
m3cc
m3core
libm3
sysutils
m3middle
m3objfile
m3linker
m3back
m3front
m3quake
cm3
mklib
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="min":
import-libs
m3core
libm3
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="std":
import-libs
m3core
libm3
windowsResources
patternmatching
sysutils
unittest
m3middle
m3quake
m3scanner
m3tools
m3cgcat
m3cggen
m3gdb
m3bundle
mklib
fix_nl
libdump
arithmetic
unittest-numeric
bitvector
digraph
parseparams
realgeometry
set
slisp
sortedtableextras
table-list
tempfiles
tcl
tcp
cm3ide
udp
libsio
libbuf
debug
listfuncs
embutils
m3tk-misc
http
binIO
commandrw
tapi
serial
m3tk
mtex
m3totex
m3tohtml
m3scan
m3markup
m3browser
cmpdir
cmpfp
dirfp
uniq
netobj
netobjd
stubgen
events
rdwr
sharedobj
sharedobjgen
odbc
postgres95
db
smalldb
stablegen
stable
X11R4
ui
PEX
vbtkit
cmvbt
jvideo
videovbt
m3-www/web
m3-www/proxy
formsvbtpixmaps
formsvbt
formsview
formsedit
codeview
cvsup/suplib
cvsup/client
cvsup/server
cvsup/cvpasswd
mg
mgkit
opengl
anim3D
zeus
m3zume
synloc
synex
metasyn
obliqrt
obliqparse
obliqprint
obliq
obliqlibemb
obliqlibm3
obliqlibui
obliqlibanim
obliqsrvstd
obliqsrvui
obliqbinmin
obliqbinstd
obliqbinui
obliqbinanim
visualobliq
vocgi
voquery
vorun
webvbt
recordheap
rehearsecode
replayheap
showheap
shownew
showthread
juno-2/juno-app/pkl-fonts
juno-2/juno-machine
juno-2/juno-compiler
juno-2/juno-app
cube
calculator
fisheye
mentor
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="gui":
import-libs
tcp
X11R4
ui
vbtkit
cmvbt
jvideo
videovbt
formsvbtpixmaps
formsvbt
formsview
formsedit
opengl
webvbt
kate
m3-ui/bicycle
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="comm":
import-libs
tcp
udp
m3tk-misc
tapi
serial
m3tk
netobj
netobjd
stubgen
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="caltech-parser":
import-libs
cit_common
m3tmplhack
cit_util
term
paneman
paneman/kemacs
drawcontext
drawcontext/dcpane
drawcontext/kgv
hack
m3browserhack
parserlib/ktoklib
parserlib/klexlib
parserlib/kyacclib
parserlib/ktok
parserlib/klex
parserlib/kyacc
parserlib/kext
parserlib/parserlib
parserlib/parserlib/test
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="m3gnudevtool":
m3cc
m3gdb
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="devlib":
windowsResources
udp
libsio
libbuf
debug
listfuncs
m3tk-misc
binIO
commandrw
tapi
serial
m3tk
m3scan
m3markup
events
rdwr
deepcopy
sgml
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="tool":
m3staloneback
m3cgcat
m3cggen
fix_nl
libdump
cmpdir
cmpfp
dirfp
uniq
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="m3gdb":
m3gdb
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="math":
arithmetic
unittest-numeric
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="m3devtool":
cm3ide
m3totex
m3tohtml
m3browser
netobj
netobjd
stubgen
sharedobj
sharedobjgen
stablegen
stable
formsview
formsedit
recordheap
rehearsecode
replayheap
showheap
shownew
showthread
pp
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="obliq":
embutils
synloc
synex
metasyn
obliqrt
obliqparse
obliqprint
obliq
obliqlibemb
obliqlibm3
obliqlibui
obliqlibanim
obliqsrvstd
obliqsrvui
obliqbinmin
obliqbinstd
obliqbinui
obliqbinanim
obliqlib3D
visualobliq
vocgi
voquery
vorun
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="webdev":
http
m3-www/web
m3-www/proxy
webvbt
deckscape
webscape
webcat
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="database":
odbc
postgres95
db
smalldb
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="anim":
codeview
mg
mgkit
anim3D
zeus
m3zume
mentor
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="cvsup":
cvsup/suplib
cvsup/client
cvsup/server
cvsup/cvpasswd
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="juno":
juno-2/juno-app/pkl-fonts
juno-2/juno-machine
juno-2/juno-compiler
juno-2/juno-app
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="demo":
cube
calculator
fisheye
---END-of-List---

Packages in Group="game":
m3-games/badbricks
m3-games/columns
m3-games/fours
m3-games/maze
m3-games/solitaire
m3-games/tetris
---END-of-List---
===END do-cm3===
C:\cm3\Sandbox\scripts\win>

Regards,
Randy Coleburn

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). This e-mail may contain confidential and/or proprietary information of Scientific Research Corporation.  If you are not a named recipient, you are prohibited from making any use of the information in the email and attachments.  If you believe you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the email, any attachments, and all copies thereof from any drives or storage media and destroy any printouts of the email or attachments.

EXPORT COMPLIANCE NOTICE:  This email and any attachments may contain technical data subject to U.S export restrictions under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).  Export or transfer of this technical data and/or related information to any foreign person(s) or entity(ies), either within the U.S. or outside of the U.S., may require export authorization by the appropriate U.S. Government agency prior to export or transfer.  In addition, technical data may not be exported or transferred to certain countries or specified designated nationals identified by U.S. embargo controls without prior export authorization.  By accepting this email and any attachments, all recipients confirm that they understand and will comply with all applicable ITAR, EAR and embargo compliance requirements.