[M3devel] help booting I386_DARWIN?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 2 09:08:58 CEST 2009

modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives

But there aren't any I386_DARWIN.
My I386_DARWIN seems to have a problem with its power supply, that's partly why nothing in releng.

Can I suggest you try cross bootstrap?
You know, so I can induct other people into my fun group?

Here is how.
Have some working machine already.
Pretty much any platform.

cd m3-sys/m3cc
cm3 -DM3CC_TARGET=I386_DARWIN
# That takes a little while.

 cd scripts/python
 cp m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/cm3.cfg /usr/local/cm3/bin/config or such.
 That config file delegates to the config files in the CVS tree.

 ./boot1.py I386_DARWIN
This will produce something like
 ./cm3-boot-I386_DARWIN-1.tar.gz

scp that file to your I386_DARWIN machine,
then the rest is on the I386_DARWIN machine,
extract it, cd into it, run make.
That should give you cm3.
Run it, make sure it runs ok, it should error about unable to find cm3.cfg.

 cvs checkout the whole tree.
 mkdir -p /usr/local/cm3/bin/config
 cp cm3 /usr/local/cm3/bin
 cp m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/cm3.cfg /usr/local/cm3/bin/config or such.

You know have a working native bootstrap -- just cm3, cm3.cfg, the source tree.
Complete the system with:

 ./do-cm3-std.py buildship