[M3devel] ROOT

Randy Coleburn rcolebur at scires.com
Thu Jul 2 23:54:51 CEST 2009

Also, let us not forget about CM3IDE (formerly Reactor).  It can browse multiple repositories, some marked public and some marked private.  We don't want to introduce changes in the way stuff is shipped that would break CM3IDE or M3BROWSER.  I think the browsing capabilities in CM3IDE are an outgrowth of the old m3browser and expand upon it to show dependencies, lists of interfaces/implementions imported/exported, etc. etc.  CM3IDE also relies on knowledge of the cm3 file tree to locate stuff and to create new packages, etc.  If we muck around too much with all of this, we risk breaking CM3IDE or at least having to adapt it to whatever new structure/rules are in place.
Regards,
Randy Coleburn

>>> Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu> 7/2/2009 4:08 PM >>>

Sources.  For browsing by the various Modula-3 tools.  Come to think of it, that reminds me -- the package browsing tools (eg, m3browser) rely on the .M3EXPORTS and .M3WEB files in the pkg directories.  So, this argues for only moving the .so files to INSTALL_ROOT/lib and leaving the rest (*.a, *.m3x, .M3EXPORTS, .M3WEB, and derived sources in the pkg/TARGET directories where they currently reside).