[M3devel] HEADS UP: release_CM3_5_8_RC2 / code freeze

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Wed Jul 15 19:12:41 CEST 2009

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> I think from Olaf's response to my question, you just do a regular
> "update" with no special parameters.

I just checked: there have been no commits since I laid the tag this
morning, so the current head is still equal to release_CM3_5_8_RC2.
Randy, I haven't got TurtoiseCVS here, but I'd guess you can specify
the tag in the checkout of update dialogue.

If you check out release_CM3_5_8_RC2, CVS will just make that tag
`sticky' (remember it in your workspace) and not let you do any
updates (since it is no branch).

Jay, I really don't want to repress all your activities, I'd just
like you to consider if they are really necessary for this release
(candidate) or if they can wait some more days. As I said, we can still
incorporate minor improvements by moving the tag, but once we build
packages, we should not touch it any more. Everything else can of course
go into RC3 as long as it does not challenge the stability.

Does that sound OK?

Olaf