[M3devel] release testing on Windows XP

Randy Coleburn rcoleburn at scires.com
Mon Jul 20 04:19:26 CEST 2009

Ok, so here is what I've done:
1.  deleted PKGS
2.  scripts/win/upgrade.cmd
3.  scripts/win/do-cm3-std.cmd

These work, except that I had to modify pkginfo.txt as follows:
1.  Removed all m3-www packages (web & proxy)
2.  Removed all cvsup packages

If I left these in there, I got failures.

BTW, I've rebuilt cm3ide and it is running on Windows XP with no crashes so far.

Now, if (?) the pkginfo.txt file is what is driving the process, it appears that each line in the file has a package and one or more tags, e.g. min std core.  I assume the order of packages in pkginfo.txt is the correct build order.  If these statements are true (and I'm asking you to verify), I will try to write a simpler CMD script that deals with the building process using pkginfo.txt as the "input control file".

Regards,
Randy Coleburn

>>> Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu> 7/19/2009 5:52 PM >>>
The "all" versions of all the scripts fail to compile (all as in Python, .sh, .cmd).
Try "std".

All the scripts are also a bit identically loose in how they find "projects".
  They look for something/src/m3makefile where something contains what they are after.
  It is a bit fragile.
Except for your .cmd files which are more precise.

There is also a bug in all the scripts that adding new packages to the source tree fails.
The PKGS files needs a version number in its name and if PKGS-correctionversion doesn't
exist the scripts should delete PKGS* and regenerate.
We only recently got a centralized version file though and I didn't want to implement
this until that was in.

 - Jay