[M3devel] do-cm3.cmd for Windows

Randy Coleburn rcoleburn at scires.com
Tue Jul 21 06:50:22 CEST 2009

Jay:

I'm not quite sure what all the various "do-pkg.cmd" and "do-cm3-*.cmd" scripts actually do.  Some of the code is pretty complex and I decided it would take me longer to figure it out than to just write a new script.

Anyway, you didn't answer my questions, so I've experimented to come up with something that seems to work for the current cases in PkgInfo.txt.

I've uploaded a new file "do-cm3.cmd" that processes the "PkgInfo.txt" file based on my understanding of that file's format.  I've tested it locally and it seems to work for me.

This one .CMD file is meant to be an alternative to all of the various "do-pkg.cmd" and "do-cm3-*.cmd" files.

Here are examples of how it could be called:
cd "scripts\win"
do-cm3 std buildship
do-cm3 game clean buildship
do-cm3 game realclean build ship
do-cm3 comm depends
do-cm3 all buildship

There is a block of code labeled "SetupCM3" in "do-cm3.CMD" that expects to call my "cm3SetupCmdEnv.cmd" file, but if you don't use this file, simply comment-out this block of code or set CM3_DoneSetup=TRUE at the beginning of the block to prevent it from running.

If anyone tries my new script, let me know if you experience any problems and I'll try to fix them.

Finally, if I want to adapt my "do-cm3.cmd" script to also handle the work of "upgrade.cmd", I'm going to need someone to explain to me the compilation and shipping order for the upgrade process.

Regards,
Randy Coleburn

>>> <jay.krell at cornell.edu> 7/20/2009 9:56 PM >>>
do-pkg.cmd already does this doesn't it?
It is looking for substring matches against paths or somesuch like
the .sh code.
Not actually package names.

  - Jay (phone)

On Jul 20, 2009, at 5:42 PM, "Randy Coleburn" <rcoleburn at scires.com>
wrote:

> I am nearing completion of a "do-cm3.cmd" script for Windows 2000/XP
> that operates based on the "scripts/PkgInfo.txt" file.
>
> I have a question about the format of the "scripts/PkgInfo.txt" file.
>
> Most of the lines in this file identify a package by name as the
> first entry on the line.  A few of them also provide a relative path
> to this package.
>
> If the source tree is rooted at "sandbox\cm3", we have subfolders
> "m3-sys", "m3-games", etc.
>
> How do we know in which unique subfolder each package is located?
>
> For example, "m3cc" is in "sandbox\cm3\m3-sys\m3cc"
> while, "netobj" is in "sandbox\cm3\m3-comm\netobj"
>
> Then we have in PkgInfo.txt lines like:
> "paneman/kemacs" which is in "sandbox\cm3\caltech-parser\paneman
> \kemacs"
> "m3-games/badbricks" which is in "sandbox\cm3\m3-games\badbricks"
>
> I can see the need for the relative path for "paneman/kemacs", but
> "m3-games/badbricks" seems to break with the established pattern.
> Is this an error in the current PkgInfo.txt  file?
>
> Regards,
> Randy Coleburn

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). This e-mail may contain confidential and/or proprietary information of Scientific Research Corporation.  If you are not a named recipient, you are prohibited from making any use of the information in the email and attachments.  If you believe you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the email, any attachments, and all copies thereof from any drives or storage media and destroy any printouts of the email or attachments.

EXPORT COMPLIANCE NOTICE:  This email and any attachments may contain technical data subject to U.S export restrictions under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).  Export or transfer of this technical data and/or related information to any foreign person(s) or entity(ies), either within the U.S. or outside of the U.S., may require export authorization by the appropriate U.S. Government agency prior to export or transfer.  In addition, technical data may not be exported or transferred to certain countries or specified designated nationals identified by U.S. embargo controls without prior export authorization.  By accepting this email and any attachments, all recipients confirm that they understand and will comply with all applicable ITAR, EAR and embargo compliance requirements.