[M3devel] status report on Windows XP

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Jul 21 10:52:45 CEST 2009

Quoting Randy Coleburn <rcoleburn at scires.com>:

> This report is for Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, using
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM, and Microsoft
> .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1.
>
> I've updated my local sandbox to be current with the CM3 CVS
> repository at elego.  I've performed a "upgrade.cmd" to upgrade my
> cm3 compiler to the latest version.
>
> I kept running into problems with "scripts\win\do-cm3-std.CMD"
> stopping short with an error message.
>
> So, I built my own "do-cm3.CMD" and used it to rebuild everything.
>
> Here are the packages that fail to build (I think most of these are
> not supported currently on Windows):
> m3-sys\m3cc
> m3-libs\tcl
> caltech-parser\term
> caltech-parser\paneman
> caltech-parser\paneman\kemacs
> caltech-parser\drawcontext\dcpane
> caltech-parser\drawcontext\kgv
> caltech-parser\parserlib\klexlib
> caltech-parser\parserlib\klex
> caltech-parser\parserlib\kyacc
> caltech-parser\parserlib\kext
> caltech-parser\parserlib\parserlib\test

We should exclude these packages from builds on Windows for the
time being. I'm not sure why the caltech-parser is Unix-dependent,
but we can fix that later.

> m3-tools\pp

Pretty printing shouldn't be Unix-dependent, too, at least I'd
think so, but it's also no problem for the release.

Nonetheless, coould you write two tickets in trac about failing
compilation for the caltech-parser and pp on NT386?
Just to make sure we won't forget about it...

> I've also built tested CM3IDE and it seems to work fine on Windows.
>  I've even tried it with the "examples" folder missing and it still
> works fine.

So it's not reproducible? Or has anything been changed?

> I'll try to check out how well some of the other packages run as
> time permits.

Fine. Thanks for the tests and the report,

Olaf