[M3devel] status report on Windows XP

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 21 13:49:21 CEST 2009

These should all be ok now except for m3cc.

Hopefully you can filter it out somehow.

After the 5.8 release I'll split up the NT386 platforms into three platforms and then the m3cc/src/m3makefile can do the filtering naturally (allowing it for I386_CYGWIN and I386_MINGW/MINGNUWIN but disallowing it for I386_NT).

tcl has other problems imho, I disabled it for Win32.

It is a massive clone of C headers from years ago and could easily be out of date.

The right fix anyway is probably to add Tcl to SYSLIBS -- venturing on actually needing the config files to actually vary per user..

pp requires lex/yacc or flex/bison, and would give an error indicating so.

Now it just does nothing if they are missing.

caltech requires termios/cfmakeraw, I put in a do-nothing version of Win32 and fixed the Posix version to be safer, more portable, and more and less efficient. I don't know why it was disabling the garbage collector so I removed that.

Was that termios.i3 actually portable? Are the structs of known size across all Posix systems and the constants constant?

A better Win32 implementation probably isn't difficult.

It'd be great if anyone could sign up and say they use this caltech parser stuff, including the terminal stuff it is doing (try removing the cfmakeraw call, notice a difference, and test the Win32 version and verify it doesn't work great..?)

Actually I ran some of the executables there and got some usage statements and an array index out of bounds or such in some gui code..

 - Jay