[M3devel] m3middle compile failure (overrides)

Peter Eiserloh eiserlohpp at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 18:34:10 CEST 2009

Hi Jay,

Peter said:
>I just attempted to compile cm3-src-all-d5.8.2-2009-07-22-00-11-09.tgz,
but failed.

Jay said:
>The file exists.
>cvs -z3 upd
>
>- Jay

No it does not exist in the tarball.  When I did a cvs update
in my CVS tree, yes it is there, but not in the tarball.
I downloaded a tarball, and attempted to build in that.

The scripts used to build the tarballs look like they
explicitly builds a list of files/directories to include
and exclude.  The toplevel m3overrides file is not listed
in the build script, so does not get into ".tar-include".

You added a file to the top level of the source tree, and
the build script (make-src-dist-all.sh, and family) were
not updated.

| Peter P. Eiserloh                                      |