[M3devel] Hudson errors out of diskspace

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Fri Jul 24 11:44:38 CEST 2009

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> Here's another:
>
> new source -> compiling ../FreeBSD4/cm3unix.c
> ../FreeBSD4/cm3unix.c:3: fatal error: error writing to
> /var/tmp/ccVwJXWF.s: No space left on device

That was on my home machine because core dumps from m3tests were
accumulating in /var/tmp. I've now set the core dump limit to 0
for those jobs.

> Hudson is looking like a big improvement though -- the last success,
>  last failure columns, the list of changes in a build, the quick
> access to the full output.

Yes. I've been using it for about half a year now, and apart from the
fact that it's resource hungry and sometimes slow, it's easy to use
and configure. And you find a plug-in for almost everything.

Since yesterday afternoon all necessary plug-ins for interaction
with other servers should be installed.

I've just moved the crontab jobs from user m3 on birch to hudson,
see http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/view/m3-www-support/.

My network connection is very unstable currently, so more failures
are to be expected.

Olaf