[M3devel] tinderbox status improvements/diagnosis

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 27 11:16:48 CEST 2009

>>> I've heard cvs is a cpu hog, it's one reason people switch away from
>>> it (which I hope we'll do after this release..)
>

> I'll have to search, initial searches failed.
>

>> Not that I know... it usually sleeps while waiting for file i/o.
>

> True.

Load average is high on birch, 8.
I don't know what this means but I thought it was was supposed to be around 1.
Or is 1 times the number of processors?

cvs, by me and hudson, often visible taking a lot, judging by top.

Tinderbox...is causing too much heat in my apartment. After a few green runs I'll have to see about powering the machines on once a week or something for one run and then power back off.

Maybe leave just one running daily or in a loop, like LINUXLIB6.

Later maybe move all x86/amd64 machines to virtual machines and inherit power management of host or scheduled power off/on.