[M3devel] getting Tinderbox to green?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 28 07:41:44 CEST 2009

> That's expected. All release builds were orange as long as I remember.
> We always had failed tests.

 But your builds are green.
 I think there might be two measures of test failure.
 Building the tests vs. running the tests?

 I still have build failures wrt db.
 I think that is holding it up.
 Tony's Solaris runs do too.
   http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/logs/cm3-pkg-report-SOLgnu.html#tr_m3-db-odbc

>> I somehow got very luck with my one SOLgnu run.
>> It was green on almost my first try.
> So it doesn't run any tests? Just compiles?

Yeah you are right:

[start run-tests 2009.07.26 05:08:06]
6600          cd /tmp/build-cm3-20090726-031802-jMaOBg/build
6601          [end run-tests 2009.07.26 05:08:06]

I must have forgotten to comment out to run the tests.

I think the reason my earlier builds never finished was probably they were hung trying to scp/ssh to birch without the username fixed.

I thought it was something related to not running the tests, but now I doubt that.
I guess the way to get green asap is remove that edit and don't run the tests at all.
I'll try not to go that way though.
Hot weather this week also, not sure what I'm going to do..