[M3devel] Dependency on msvcr80.dll

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 28 09:28:25 CEST 2009

This is a problem I found and reported here last week.

Until otherwise figured out, we have to provide a build per supported toolset/runtime.
It is built into the binaries/libraries, it is their dependencies.

I don't fully understand what is going on.

 Just because m3core.dll uses a particular .dll, does not foist that direct dependency on its users. However if you want to get malloced pointer from it and then free it, or an fopen FILE* from it and fread/fclose it, then you do have to agree.

 malloc is very easy to do without, and besides, most/all of this stuff is wrapped up -- you know, if you call UntracedHeapAllocate (whatever it is called) you can't then call free, you have to call UntracedHeapFree (whatever it is called)