[M3devel] too many loops through packages?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Jul 28 15:05:38 CEST 2009

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> Tinderbox run..compile done, tests running..and I see m3gdb running
> configure.
> I think extra work is being done..
> I guess it is a bunch of incremental builds and they don't take long?

There are not really incremental builds in Tinderbox. Everything
is checked out fresh and built from scratch.
And there are several tests performing the same builds with slightly
different contexts or targets.
I'm trying to make the Hudson builds a little bit more incremental.
m3cc is already factored out; m3gdb should be, too.

The rest (M3 :-) builds really fast.

Olaf