[M3devel] m3gdb/AMD64_LINUX, a little progress

Rodney M. Bates rodney.m.bates at cox.net
Wed Jun 24 18:18:30 CEST 2009

I have tracked down the problems I have seen with m3gdb on
AMD64_LINUX not recognizing object formats to a new section
type SHT_GNU_HASH, (and named .gnu.hash), which is present
in recent M3-compiled code.  It appears to be handled by
the more recent binutils that comes in gdb 6.8, but it is
not handled by the binutils in gdb 6.4, from which m3gdb is
derived.

I briefly tried a naive substitution of the new binutils
(directory 'bfd') into m3gdb, but some things have moved
around and there are build problems finding them.  I will
work on this more when I get some time.

Rodney Bates