[M3devel] Getting ready for new users (Re: HEADS UP:

Peter Eiserloh eiserlohpp at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 17:04:50 CEST 2009

Hi Jay,

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 08:43:11PM +0000, Jay wrote:

> There's no need for Winzip if we use .zip files, explorer handles them.
>
> It is also easy to make self extracting .zip files.

For installing applications on Windows boxes, why don't
you use NSIS?

   http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

--- Quoting: From NSIS Wiki ---

NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.

--- END QUOTE ---

Please, if you go this route, don't include the source for
NSIS into the M3 source archive, but the script you write
that tells NSIS how to operate, yes that should be in the
source archive.

| Peter P. Eiserloh                                      |