[M3devel] pruning m3cc/gcc?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 29 05:38:28 CEST 2009

I keep thinking of deleting

  m3-sys/m3cc/gcc/intl
  m3-sys/m3cc/gcc/libgomp
  m3-sys/m3cc/gcc/libmudflap
  m3-sys/m3cc/gcc/libssp
  m3-sys/m3cc/gcc/fixincludes
  m3-sys/m3cc/gcc/libgcc

We don't use any of it.
Some of these deletions would shorten our build command lines.
Though some (esp. fixincludes and maybe libgcc) might break the
shortest configure + make that the "real" cm3 doesn't use but can be useful.

I didn't include them in gcc-interix and gcc-apple.

But there are two possible contradictory goals:

 - just have what we use/change
 - have a complete merged gcc tree from which you
   could build gcc/cc1 and not just cm3cg
   Except we don't have C++, Java, Ada, Fortran,
   so we don't really have this, but C probably counts for something.

If the second is the goal, don't delete.
If the first is the goal, delete.

There is also "having it all there in case it is needed
or somesuch", but that's easy enough to get elsewhere.