[M3devel] Getting ready for new users (Re: HEADS UP: Release engineering)

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 26 10:38:31 CEST 2009

I tested the LINUXLIBC6 archive and it installed ok, no prompting.

I ran it with no parameters -- unlike Henrik. It did mention the current working directory (or its directory, same thing) as the install source, which confused me. Probably as long as system.tgz exists where it expects, it shouldn't say anything.

Also, even if the documentation is clear, its good to have as little to document as possible.
Be as similar to other "things" as possible so nobody needs the patience to read/understand/learn.
There is a time for that, but not when you are "about to make a sale" and user is just trying to get the thing working asap.

 - Jay