[M3devel] linuxlibc6 jmpbuf size?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Mar 15 11:24:09 CET 2009

The Linuxlibc6 jmpbuf size looks clearly wrong, just slightly inflated.
It should be 39 * address, not 40.
Any objections to fixing it?

This is the one that fits the signal mask.
Only 6 addresses are needed if signal mask isn't saved.
Plus 1 to record if it is saved.
Plus 1024 bits for a glibc signal mask, even though the kernel only supports 128 signals on mips and 64 on all others..big waste imho..

6 + 1 + 1024/32 = 39.

Hm. I rather think we should shorten it to 6, 7, or 11 really, after confirming we can.
(11: 6 for registers, 1 to indicate if signal mask saved, 4 for signal mask; or 7: 6 for registers and 1 to hold zero to indicate signal mask not saved; or 6: registers and implied/known no signal mask saved, if that is the case, I have to check).

See
http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2008-December/041674.html

for details on the signal mask size..