[M3devel] CM3 on Linux 64-bit

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 16 21:52:49 CET 2009

Yes. The Modula-3 threading library is a thin wrapper over pthreads.
Whatever level of concurrency your kernel and hardware can provide,
the Modula-3 runtime will provide.

(There is a non-default user-thread *option* for which the
answer is "no", but it is not currently implemented on
Linux/amd64 and doesn't work currently on any Linux.
So again, definitely yes.)